Here comes the recipe of "Cornflakes mixture" as promised. Hope you like it!:0).
1/4 kg of makai pova/ corn flakes.
1 cup/ 1 pav of peanuts/ groundnuts.
1/4 cup of roasted gram/ hurigadale/ pottukadale.
1/4 cup of dry coconut/copra flakes.
25-30 golden raisins.
4- 5 sticks of fresh curry leaves.
2 tsp of mustard seeds.
1 tsp of turmeric powder/haldi.
2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
2 tbsp of sugar.
2 tbsp of table salt.
4 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Start making the mixture by measuring the required amount of ingredients & keep everything ready.
- We need to lightly dry roast the required amount of peanuts & de-skin them. You can make them into halves as well.
- The cashewnuts can be halved or quarted as well.
- Chop & keep the dry copra flakes aside.
- In a small bowl, mix turmeric powder, red chilli powder, sugar & salt. Keep aside.
- In a kadai, deep fry the makai pova in batches keeping the oil at smoking point .
- Take the makai pova in a large bowl & immediately mix the powders when the pova is warm to touch. All the pova should be coated by the powder-mixture.
- In an another kadai, heat about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil & roast mustard seeds, curry leaves, copra flakes,peanuts, cashewnuts, hurigadale in the same order; one after the other. There is no need to roast them separately.
- Add the roasted pova to the mixture & lightly turn over in the kadai.
- Once everything gets mixed well; roast the golden raisins with a little oil in a separate kadai - till they puff up & add to the above mixture.
- Mix everything throughly once again & allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- Store in an air tight container. Stays good for a month.